AMHA Strategic Plan 2017-2023
Below is the AMHA Strategic Plan which can also be downloaded as a PDF.
AMHA Mission Statement:
To promote, govern and improve organized minor hockey with the Abbotsford area. As an organization we will encourage and foster a general community spirit, maintain and increase an interest in the game of hockey and oversee the playing interest of teams and players. We will provide a safe, fun and fair environment to all.
- Provide a governance model that is current with the needs of the AMHA
- Community Engagement
- AMHA better known in Abbotsford community
- People Development
- Coach development
- Officiating development
- Board Member development
- Safety People
- Volunteer development
- Player Development
- Ensure all players are developing the Sport 4 Life philosophy
- Safety - To have hockey viewed as a safe sport.
- Do an organizational analysis and implement any changes. Review annually and update as needed.
- Community - increase media coverage as well as community recognition and involvement..
- People Development - further formalization of coach mentorship program, while updating NCCP coaching program to the current competency based model. Volunteer training and Board member/Coordinator/Appointed Position manuals and training. Equal balance of recruitment, training and retention of officials.
- Player Development - Ensuring that our intro and exit players have a high level experience.
- Continue to develop our safety programs both on and off the ice.
- Maintain a fiscally responsible budget that allows fees to stay appropriately priced.
- Further Develop Association’s Business processes, policies and procedures to lesson load on volunteers
- Leverage Association’s resources internally.
- Seek/Develop Further Ice & Facility Resources.
- Communication plan
- Volunteers - Recruitment - Training - Retention
- Succession planning
- More transparent financial statements with activity based costing.
- New org structure, bylaws, and policy manual in year 1. Update in subsequent years.
- Tap into subject matter experts from within the AMHA (i.e. Lawyer for legal advice, etc.).
- Continue to work with community partners such as the City, ice vendors, etc.
- Develop a communication plan for internal and external communications.
- Formalize and document all Board, and Appointed Position job descriptions and encourage job shadowing from inside and outside the membership. Continue to recruit volunteers for these positions.
- Volunteer satisfaction survey and feedback.
- Increase understanding of the LTADP
- Continued skill development at all levels of the game:
- Goalie Program
- Intro to Hockey Program
- Recreational Level Programming
- Spring Programming
- High Performance programming
- Focus on Safety of Participants
- Monthly Hockey Director Communications.
- Measure success of existing quantitatively via attendance, and qualitatively via survey feedback.
- Provide updated and additional safety resources to all members including Coaches, Managers, HCSP, Board Members, Appointed Positions, and Parents.
** A review of the strategic plan shall be conducted at the end of each year.
*** A formal review of the strategic plan after year three will be conducted to update for any unforeseen changes.